Saturday, September 15, 2007

Yay For Me and STL Delicious!

Welcome to the inaugural season of STL Delicious!!!!

This blog was born from the frustration I've experienced with the St. Louis food "scene." (Quotations are because I have no other way to describe it; I'm not the type of person to use the word normally.) As you may have noticed in my sidebar up there, I hate toasted ravioli. I've had ice cream far better than that of Ted Drewes', and I think that gooey butter cake is gooey, and that's just about it. I can't stand that the RFT Reader's Choice (or whatever) poll has named TGI Friday's as the best appetizer selection several years running. It bothers me that people in this town seem to like things because they're supposed to, and they don't seem to know how to want any better.

Probably, this blog is partly due to my spiteful nature. I want to give a big Finger to everyone out there who's never wanted more than bourbon-glazed boneless chicken wings (wings aren't fucking "boneless," just be honest and call them chicken PARTS) on red-checked tablecloths while some suburban brat wails in the background.

But I also think that St. Louis has so much potential, and part of the reason we still have so many independent and family-run places is because some people, in some places, continue to patronize them for a simple reason - they're good. I want to show my friends and anyone else who cares where these places are. I also want to make people less afraid to try new things or spend a little bit more on the good stuff.

I'm really excited about this blog, and I hope that if you're here, you'll visit again. Feel free to post a comment or write stldelicious@hotmail.com if you have something to say, recommend, or ask.

1 comment:

Chris Cook said...

Hey, another St. Louis food blog!
If I had enough time and motivation I'd do one too. But until then, I can't wait to read more of yours!

Chris...
CLC Photography
www.CLCPhoto.com