Monday, December 10, 2007

QUESTION - Where Does Sauce Magazine Get Their Ideas?

I like Sauce. Don't get me wrong. When it comes to reviews, I can always count on Sauce when the Post-Dispatch (often, so grievously often) and when the RFT (only every now and then) fail. Their recipes feature a minimum of cream cheese and Velveeta dishes, and they cover a lot of ground (food, wine, places to be, etc.) So I like Sauce.

Then why the hell does it seem like they're stealing my ideas?

In November, I posted reviews of the Courtesy Slinger and the Rotten Apple Ciderhouse. In the December 2007 edition of Sauce, both Slingers and Rotten Apple are featured. Coincidence? Maybe. But it does seem a mite odd.

Hey, editors/writers at Sauce who might have stumbled upon (and I love StumbleUpon) STL Delicious....how about writing me a note, huh? Intellectual property doesn't require permission, but perhaps you could let me know that I'm about to see my ideas in real print.

Or maybe just save some effort and give me a job.

1 comment:

Brad said...

That is a remarkable similar article on the Rotten Apple. Hey Sauce, buck up and hire this girl. She's Tony Bourdaine with a great rack.